The Namada protocol is a proof-of-stake L1 for interchain asset-agnostic privacy. Namada deploys zkps to enable a unified shielded set and shielded transfers for arbitrary assets that are created on Ethereum or fast-finality chains that are IBC-compatible.
Over the last months, the Namada protocol's release cadence has been stabilised to a biweekly release schedule and multiple releases have been continuously tested by a group of very early Namada validators*, including the current private testnet that deploys the Namada protocol
*Special thanks to Namada's early validators including Wicklow, ZK Validator, Simply Staking, Papers, P2P, Node Guardians, Nocturnal Labs / Maven11, Lemniscap, Knowable, Figment, Everstake, Cosmostation, CMCC, Chorus One, Binary Holdings, and B-Harvest!
In preparation for mainnet, the implementation of the Namada protocol needs to be tested by as many network operators and other users as possible. To facilitate this, a series of public testnets will be launched that anyone can join.
- Namada's first public testnet genesis time is programmed for 17:00 UTC on the 20th of December 2022.
- After genesis, anyone can join by operating a full node, a validator, or testing the network's privacy features as a user.
- Expect network upgrades, restarts, bugs and other unforeseen actions or events during public testnets.
The public testnets are a great training ground for participants in the upcoming incentivised testnets and everyone who is planning to operate or use Namada post-mainnet in any capacity.
Getting ready for Namada public testnets
Namada is a novel L1 protocol that deploys a new proof-of-stake variant called Cubic Proof-of-Stake as its Sybil-resistance mechanism, among many other exciting features. As the genesis time for the first public testnet gets closer, here is some recommended reading for everyone who's interested in participating:
- The Introducing Namada: Interchain-asset agnostic privacy & What is Namada? articles in the blog provide a high level introduction to Namada and its features.
- The Namada protocol specifications provide an in-depth description of the architecture, cryptographic and cryptoeconomic to mechanisms of the protocol.
- The validator and user docs (updated regularly) contain guides and instructions for running a full node, validators or using Namada's features.
- Visit the Namada code repository to checkout the implementation and staying up-to-date with the protocol software releases (give it a star & watching to get notifications on the development!).
- Follow Namada on Twitter for relevant updates and feel free to post on Namada's subreddit if you have any questions.